Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Inner Baking Goddess?

Happy New Year Everyone!!!


In a new year, I caught myself pick up a new habit - Baking!! I started baking because my husband has been dignosed with Celiac Disease and he has been a little depressed about it. The reason why he is not too happy because he loves bread and BEER! It's been hard for him because there is gluten free products in the store; unfortunately, some of the them are good, some are OK but quite a lot of them are simply not too good. Because of this reason, I decided to start explore Gluten Free cooking, mainly baking. I started looking online resources on gluten free recipes and ordered a few cookbook for gluten free cooking. I experimenting some of the recipes and started modifying them. In addition, due to the dietary restriction of my daughter, she has dairy allergy, I started baking with dairy and egg free as well.


I have stared a new blog : http://silkiecook.blogspot.com/ to record my baking journey and provide recipes that I invented or modify for gluten free, dairy free cooking.

1 comment:

Gluten Free Sourdough Baker said...

Hi Silkie,
I sympathize with your husband and child having the same allergies as they do. I have developed excellent breads using old fashioned sourdough techniques with simple gluten free ingredients. I have posted my sourdough starter recipe and first successful loaf bread recipe on my blog, http://glutenfreesourdough.blogspot.com or /search/label/Brown%20rice%20sourdough%20starterglutenfreesourdough.blogspot.com and also sell a growing Ebook, The Art of Gluten Free Sourdough Baking on my website, www.food-medicine.com. My breads have excellent taste, texture and shelf life!Good Luck with it all, you can bake economical and tasty breads for your family.
sharon