Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's going on with me lately?!?!?

Where did all the time goes..?? Between work, take care of the 3 kids, knitting, designing and getting sick... it's been a long while since my last post.

So what have I been doing for the last 2 or 3 months...
1. my baby Girl is 4 months old now.. she is a joy to have.. very easy.. very content... very cute! She enjoys being held; so I learnt to hold the baby and knit at the same time.... not too easy to do.. but I managed to squeeze in some knitting time....

2. Just put my design project in the mail to Creative Knitting. My Lacy Baby Cardigan will be featured in the Nov. 09 issue which will come out in September this year. Very happy about that. This is a cardigan that I designed for my little baby before she was born. It will be nice to share my design to people that enjoy knitting for little baby. The pattern will be available in size S (6 mo), M(12 mo) and L (24 mo).

3. Just finished a round of winter design submission to CK and IK. Not sure whether my designs will be picked; will just have to wait and see.

4. Finally got around to felt my mosaic tote and my felted mitten 2 weeks ago... both project turned out beautifully.. I am very happy about the result especially the mosaic tote.

5. I have started working on the 'Forestry' cardigan for my friend, Peggy. the 'Forestry' cardigan is from Vogue Knitting fall issue. I have to say that there are quite a few mistakes on the pattern, so it's taking me a little bit longer than I should.. but it is looking very good. Hopefully, I will post some pictures when it's over. The yarn that I chose for the project is from Knitpicks. I am very happy with the yarn.

6. I have started working on the Chop Cardigan that I designed. I must say that the design is still in progress. I tend to change the original design quite a bit as I get further into it. So far, it is looking what I am expecting. I am using the yarn, Jasmine from Louise Harding. I bought the yarn last year because of the color and feel of the yarn. The yarn is dreamt to work with; however, the only problem I have with the yarn is the weight. It is a little heavy. I designed my Chop Cardigan around the yarn, I decided to make the cardigan a chop one because of the weight of the yarn. I have finished both front and half way through the back, it's looking good... will definitely post some pic when I complete it.

7. Always finished a felted wristlet for my friend, Brenda. Brenda wanted a basic black felted wristlet for her mother for Christmas last year... and yes, last year... I am way behind... but because I was pregnant last year and took away most of my knitting time, I did not finish it. So I am hoping to finish it ASAP.

8. I have about 4 designs sketch.... I just need to put them on my computer so I don't lose my thoughts.

So a lot going on with me..... and I promise to keep up this blog and post more pictures of my finished project!

No comments: